2020, which has been quite possibly the weirdest year most people have ever been through, is finally coming to an end. for some this has been the worst year, and for others it may have been one of the best. for me personally i would say 2020 has been the year where i fully discovered self love, discovery, self care and built up a passion for self development, despite all the changes and things I’ve missed out on. however i know i’m very privileged to be able to say this and others may have had one of the worst years they will ever go through. regardless of your feelings about 2020 there is only a few days left, meaning you are more than likely to be setting your 2021 goals and intentions. this year i want to be different, i don’t want to set New Years goals that i stick to a week, or generic goals i feel like i should be setting, like diet/fitness related goals, but instead sustainable goals that will help make me a lot happier and are ones i really want to do, not feel like i should.
So today I thought I’d share some journal prompts I’m going to use to set my intentions and goals for the next year.
- what were 3 highlights of my 2020?
- which of my goals did I achieve in 2020?
- which goals did i not achieve, why not?
- did i create any new habits this year?
- what are 3 things i want to leave behind in 2020
- what could i have done better this year?
- what was the most challenging part of this year for me?
- what are 3 main goals for 2021
- what is my main intention for 2021?
- what new routines am i going to implement? ( see related post about how to build a Sunday reset routine, my tips and tricks)
- what are 5 things i need to complete before the new year?